I couldn’t tell you the first time I met Aspen, It feels like i’ve known her forever! She is one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met, and I am thrilled to introduce her to you all! I think as a photographer, a planner and coordinator is something I encourage ALL of my couples to have! There are so many details, and last minute things that show up come wedding day and I hate seeing my couples stressed to get it all together. Out of all of the wedding vendors, a planner/coordinator is one of the top few that I work closest with! Having someone that understands the roles of all your vendors is key to having everyone work flawlessly throughout your big day!
For all you brides and grooms– You don’t want to miss out on having this girl! She has SO much to offer and I know that she’s gonna help bring your dreams to reality! Meet Aspen, owner and extraordinaire of Aspen Jean Planning!
1. How did you get started in this Business?
I come from a very big family, which leads to lots of family weddings, showers, and parties of all sorts! I have grown up watching my mom, aunts and grandmother put on these beautiful events for my family for as long as I can remember! When I started college and picked my major, I knew I wanted to do something where I got to work closely alongside people! After several people telling me to try out Occupational Therapy I gave it a go. Not long after getting into the OT program at the University of Findlay, I knew it wasn’t the right fit for me. I switched over to the Event Management and Marketing and I fell in love! When I started planning my own wedding my junior year of college, I knew I could see myself doing it as a career. Deciding to start my own business towards the end of my senior year of college was very scary, but coming from an entrepreneurial family and with the support from my husband and parents, I decided to take the huge step!
2. Whats the difference between a planner and a coordinator?
- Planning and Coordinating is a term that gets interchanged a lot and it is something I really try to clear up for all my couples! When working with a planner, they will assist with the planning of the wedding, leading up to the day. They help with making decisions on design, vendors and the many, many details that are involved with the wedding. A coordinator is there for assistance the day of the wedding and the few weeks prior. They help with creating a time schedule for the day and helping all the vendors and bridal party stick to it on the wedding day. They are also there to be a point person, to come up with a solution if any problems arise and make sure the details of the day are set up and completed, so that the couple can enjoy their day as stress free as possible.
3. How do you think others would describe you?
- A definite people person! I am one that thrives off being around people, whether they are old friends, or those I have just met!
4. What all services do you offer to your clients?
- I offer full planning and partial planning packages along with a coordinating package! I also offer custom packages to brides who are in between packages! In addition to my on-site packages, I have started doing décor rentals. Brides are not required to book my services to book my rentals!
5. What does your ideal client look like?
- My ideal client is someone who I feel like we just click right away. They can easily describe their vision of the day and know exactly the look they are going for. It makes it so much easier for me to recommend vendors that fit their needs best when I know just what they are looking for! I also love getting to work with someone who loves fresh flowers as much as me ☺.
6. What’s your favorite part of the planning process?
- I think every planner loves seeing all the details finally come together on the wedding day. It is amazing to see how all the little details come together and complement each other. One of my other favorites, aside from the father / bride first look moment and groom expression seeing his bride walking down the aisle, is the little moment the bride and groom have after they are pronounced for the first time and have receded down the aisle. When they finally get to fully embrace each other. It is a moment of pure joy and love, and being able to witness that is what makes my job so amazing.
7. What’s the biggest trend you are excited about this year?
- Weddings have evolved so much in the last few years and there are so many new up and coming trends I am so excited about! Textures is a big one! I am loving all the textures that florists are using in their designs as well as the different textures in the tablescapes! One of my favorites though is how couples are moving to “experience” style venues instead of your traditional wedding halls. Weddings are starting to become more personalized to the couple and their own individual style!
8. What do you enjoy doing when you are not planning?
- My husband and I just recently bought our first home together! We love to spend our free evenings and weekends (when we have them) putting on our own touch around the house! If I am not spending time with family or friends, you can probably find me cuddling with my kitties, binge watching a good Netflix series!
9. Why should couples invest in Aspen Jean Planning?
- My top priority for my job is to make the couple’s wedding day as enjoyable and stress free as possible! So many couples do not want to look into a planner because they feel like they won’t get to be as involved in planning their own wedding, which is not the case at all! When you invest in my services, I am there during the whole journey to help make this process more enjoyable for you! Engagement is such a fun time in your relationship and it shouldn’t be a dreaded time because of all the added stress wedding planning can bring!
10. What do you want future clients to know about you?
- When you book my services, you get me throughout the whole process! I am there from our first time meeting through the wedding day. Building a relationship and trust with my couples is so important to me and that is reason why I will always be the on site coordinator/planner for every wedding that I book.